Paul's Plea
Something weighing heavy on you?
Has something or someone become a painful thorn in your flesh?
Are you wrestling with guilt over past wrongs?
Is a physical condition negatively impacting all areas of your life?
Have you asked God to intervene, only to either receive no response or a "no" response?
Then maybe you can relate to the apostle Paul's predicament.
Here is how he describes it:
"To keep me from becoming conceited
Because of these surpassingly great revelations
There was given me a thorn in my flesh
A messenger of Satan
To torment me
Three times I pleaded with the Lord
To take it away from me
But he said to me
'My grace is sufficient for you
For my power is made perfect in weakness'
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly
About my weaknesses
So that Christ's power
May rest on me
That is why
For Christ's sake
I delight in weaknesses
In insults
In hardships
In persecutions
In difficulties
For when I am weak
Then I am strong."
-- the apostle Paul's desperate plea to God (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home