David's Despairing Guilt, Part 2
From David:
"All my longing lie open before you, O Lord
My sighing is not hidden from you.
My heart pounds
My strength fails me
Even the light has gone from my eyes.
My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds
My neighbors stay far away.
Those who seek my life set their traps
Those who would harm me talk of my ruin
All day long they plot deception.
I am like a deaf man who cannot hear
Like a mute, who cannot open his mouth
I have become like a man who does not hear
Whose mouth can offer no reply.
I wait for you, O Lord
You will answer, O Lord my God
For I said, 'Do not let them gloat over me when my foot slips.'
For I am about to fall
And my pain is ever with me.
I confess my iniquity
I am troubled by my sin.
Many are those who are my vigorous enemies
Those who hate me without reason are numerous.
Those who repay my good with evil
Slander me when I pursue what is good.
O Lord, do not forsake me
Be not far from me, O my God
Come quickly to help me
O Lord my Savior."
-- David's despairing guilt, part 2
Labels: despair david, guilt

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home