Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ezekiel's Anger

Although he did not refuse the call of God, the prophet Ezekiel wrestled deeply with his humanity, especially when it brought him in conflict with God's mission.

Read this description of a particular episode in Ezekiel's ministry:

Then the Spirit lifted me up
And I heard behind me a loud rumbling sound.

May the glory of the Lord be praised in his dwelling place!

The sound of the wings of the living creatures
Brushing against each other
And the sound of the wheels beside them
A loud rumbling sound

The Spirit then lifted me up and took me away
And I went in bitterness
And in the anger of my spirit
With the strong hand of the Lord upon me,

I came to the exiles who lived in Tel Abib
Near the Kebar River
And there, where they were living
I sat among them for seven days

Overwhelmed.


-- Ezekiel's anger (Ezekiel 3:12-15)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home