Love is Always Right
I am thinking of starting a new series entitled, "love is always right." The premise is that "love is the only moral absolute that is not self-defeating" (I took that quote from Norm Geisler). The meaning being that since we desire love, we must in turn give love.
Along these lines I have thought much about Kant's categorical imperative: "Do I want the guideline behind my action to become a universal law?"
In my study of love this week, I am coming to the conclusion that love could possibly be one of the most difficult subjects to understand. It is astounding in its power and meaning. It is too complex to dismiss as a feeling that ebbs and sways and is soley based on physical attraction. No, love is much greater. In fact, I am beginning to see the staggering implications of the apostle Paul's statement that "the greatest of these is love."
Wow, I need to go to Starbuck's, take a deep breath, and drink deeply from the Bible.

1 Comments:
The question of acting in love toward someone is easy. When it appears that loving 'A' and loving 'B' are mutually exclusive, that is hard.
Post a Comment
<< Home