Just the Guys
This past weekend my wife, daughter, and foster daughter traveled to Little Rock, Arkansas, for a soccer tournament.
My son and I stayed behind in Louisiana because of his scheduled football game on Saturday.
The weekend, was in a word: great!
My son and I attended a high school football game together on Friday night. Then on Saturday, we practiced football plays in the yard and then I watched him play in his game that afternoon.
We followed up the game with a cook-out (yes, just the two of us). And then we watched some more football on TV.
What made this weekend so great? It's really simple: we spent time together.
I love my son. I love the young man he is becoming. I love his sense of humor, his compassionate, kind nature, and his love for life.
Every moment we spent together this weekend was a moment that I will treasure.
Am I a proud father? Yes. Am I blessed to have a wonderful son? Yes.
Thanks for the weekend, Drew.
Labels: family

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home