Goodbye

Night Ranger, a band seemingly forgotten, but who penned some memorable tunes in the 80s offers us this take on saying goodbye.
But it's hard
Leaving all this behind me now
Like a schoolboy so lost
Never found until now
And all this could be
Such a dream, so it seems
I was never much good at goodbye
And it's hard
Living life on this merry-go-round
Always up, always down
Spinning round and round and round
And all this could be
Such a dream, so it seems
I was never much good at goodbye
I was never much good at goodbye
For someone whose career revolves around the crafting of words, I find myself unable to wrap letters around what I am feeling.
Let the silence carry the message.

1 Comments:
You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go go go, oh no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
I say high, you say low
You say why and I say I don't know, oh no
You say goodbye and I say hello
(Hello goodbye hello goodbye) Hello hello
(Hello goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
(Hello goodbye hello goodbye) Hello hello
(Hello goodbye) I don't know why you say goodbye
(Hello goodbye) I say hello/goodbye
Why why why why why why do you say goodbye goodbye, oh no?
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
You say yes (I say yes) I say no (But I may mean no)
You say stop (I can stay) and I say go go go (Till it's time to go), oh
Oh no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello hello
Post a Comment
<< Home