God Rests His Case

Due to the response from yesterday, I have decided to post some of the Bible verses shared in the worship assembly. So many people wanted to talk afterwards about the pain and regret in their lives. I heard people yearning to learn how to accept God's forgiveness. I heard from people who are tired of carrying around the burdens of the past. And I heard from people who feel like they are under attack by demonic forces.
These verses are for all of you. Write them on your heart.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
"As far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us." (Psalm 103:12)
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." (Isaiah 43:25)
"...I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (Jeremiah 31:34)
The Bible teaches us that God does not merely forgive our sins, he forgets them. As my Dad has said, "There is no record in heaven of your sins." We sin, we confess, we repent. God forgives. This is what we find in the Bible.
I love these words taken from a prayer offered by King Hezekiah: "In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back." (Isaiah 38:17)
Then there are these memorable words from the prophet Micah: "Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!" (Micah 7:19)
Though I cannot remember who wrote this (maybe Corrie ten Boom?), but someone was written that God takes our sins and casts them in the deepest part of the ocean. Then he posts a sign that reads, "No fishing."
God has already rested His case on the matter of your sins.
Let that be the heart of your story.
Labels: forgiveness, sin

1 Comments:
Ben, I really appreciated your message yesterday. So many times I have held myself down with the weight of guilt and regret, especially since I have been a parent. I know that the best cure is to pray and change tomorrow. Hearing what you said and seeing what you demonstrated yesterday helped me (and will help me) put that baggage down and start my life anew, everyday, if needed. Thank you, again.
Post a Comment
<< Home