Monday, August 08, 2005

Awe-Inspiring Thoughts

It is Friday night and here I am sitting at the computer pondering what to type. Maybe if I hold my breath an awe-inspiring thought will enter my head. Of course, then I'll pass out from lack of oxygen, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Instead of an awe-inspiring thought, how about I offer to you an awe-inspiring person. There are a few of them walking around on the earth. These are the people who rise above the things and people that try to bring them down and keep them down. These are the people who embrace faith in the face of fear. They are the ones who speak about the joy of the Lord even after evil has come and torn their house asunder. These are the people who shelter their children when the storms hit and will do whatever they are able to do to protect their children.

I am inspired by such people. And maybe, just maybe, the portrait of an awe-inspiring person will produce awe-inspiring thoughts.

Thank you for living the life, fighting the good fight, and keeping the faith. Your valley will turn into a summit. Your struggle will yield to a righteous victory. And your tears of sorrow will be replaced with tears of joy. God will lift up your head.

Now those are awe-inspiring thoughts created by an awe-inspiring life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home