Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Fire

Recently, I have spent a considerable amount of time studying the New Testament book of Jude. For the past several weeks, I have attended a Wednesday night Bible class at church taught by a man named Jerry Harris. He has done an incredible job of teaching the book of Jude, and I have really appreciated his efforts.

This Wednesday, I am scheduled to teach the class and have decided to focus on some of the final verses of Jude, which Jerry did not cover. As I read and study these verses, one of them really perplexes me. It is not the complex theology or the language used. Rather, I am contemplating what verses 22-23 mean, practically.

Here is what Jude writes, "Be merciful to those who doubt; snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear -- hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh."

Any thoughts? Feel free to comment or email me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any thoughts, but I find that your quote of these verses is quite timely. Last night I, as part of a group, had a discussion with one who is doubting and hurting. This person has every right, based on her life's experiences, to doubt that God wants to be good to her and that he offers her salvation. She has been improving herself and, I feel, will be able to accept salvation one day. I just hope that she continues to put herself in the right places so that the light switch will go off in her head and she will become ready to accept the gift that God offers.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 5:18:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home