Discovery
Reading the Bible is an adventure in the sense that the more time you spend reading through its pages, the more you find things that you did not know were in the Bible.
I wanted to share these verses from Isaiah with you as we continue our worship discussion. In a few days, I'll get back to what it means to worship in awe.
"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
And from doing as you please on my holy day
If you call the Sabbath a delight
And the Lord's day honorable
And if you honor it by not going your own way
And not doing as you please
Or speaking idle words
Then you will find your joy in the Lord
And I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land
And to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.
The mouth of the Lord has spoken."
-- Isaiah 58:13-14
The above verses seem fitting in our discussion about "reverent worship" (of course, some might be tempted to dismiss them because they are from the Old Testament).
Personally, I have a hard time dismissing words from the Bible Jesus read.
Labels: old testament, sabbath, worship

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home